Core 2 Duo Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syrillian said:
Also, if I leave all the BIOS settings the same and only lower the vCore, and Prime95 still crashes what would be a solution to that other than cranking up teh voltage? I would like to stay below 1.4V
If the only variable change is vcore, and it becomes unstable, I can't think of any other settings to get it stable without raising vcore back up. I wouldn't be afraid of 1.4 vcore though.

i decided to buy 120mm and 80mm fans, use 2 80mm for intake up front, 120mm for back exaust, and the other 80mm with the case(it comes with 2) in the blowhole. All those with a fan controller and a side air duct and i should be running cool with my conroe system :cool:

yeah that shouldn't be too shabby...i'm gonna have a 250mm one blowing right over my mobo and GPU and 2 120mm's for exhaust or 1 of those for intake...idk yet.

yeah, check out my theoretical cooling thread, it's in this forum, it's pretty funny. But looks like i have to wait till next week to order, maybe that x850xt for 115 will be back in stock by then.

alright conroe system is ordered. SHould get here mid next week and ill be building this time next week. Hopefully ill be overclocking the folowing week. Any suggestions or anything i might run into? heres my specs.

CPU- conroe e6300
MoBo- gygabyte ds3
RAM-g-skill 2x1gb ddr2 800 4-4-4-12
GPU- saphire x850xt 256mb 256bit ddr3 pci express
HDD- western digital 250gb sata 3 gbs
case- aspire xcruiser

heres a link to the RAM http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231065
oh and i just gotta let it out. IM SO FREAKIN EXITED!!!

spartan1121 said:
alright conroe system is ordered. SHould get here mid next week and ill be building this time next week. Hopefully ill be overclocking the folowing week. Any suggestions or anything i might run into? heres my specs.

CPU- conroe e6300
MoBo- gygabyte ds3
RAM-g-skill 2x1gb ddr2 800 4-4-4-12
GPU- saphire x850xt 256mb 256bit ddr3 pci express
HDD- western digital 250gb sata 3 gbs
case- aspire xcruiser

heres a link to the RAM http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231065
oh and i just gotta let it out. IM SO FREAKIN EXITED!!!
Cool. I will just say, make sure you update the BIOS. The early BIOS versions that ship with the board are crap. F5 is the newest on the Gigabyte and seems solid so far. I was using F4 for a while, and it was solid as well.

Also remember, it will default your RAM to 1.8 volts, make sure to crank it up to your RAM's spec's, 2.0 I think for HZ's, but make sure.

Oh, and Ctrl+F1 opens up the advanced options in the BIOS.

Have fun :D

this is pretty sweet, looks like most are getting to about 1 ghz more than stock with their conroes. My goal is 3.0 with an e6300. I think i should be able to get there with stock, a ds3 and some g skill 2gb of pc6400 with 4-4-4-12 timings. Some said the Ram would overclock to ddr2 1000. and sorry about the double post guys :D . oh and will my ram at least let me boot if it defaults to 1.8volts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom