Got a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nar57981

Baseband Member
I just finnished building my parents a computer for work...the computer will turn on and everything will start working...but then it shuts down. I'm kind of new, but this means i have a bad power supply, right?

Also, i tried turning on the computer without the 4-pin connecter the first time, could this be the problem?

BTW, i'm using the PSU that came with my case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811147031

TY!

Look inside your case and make sure the power led cord, reset switch button and hd drive switch are on the right spots on your motherboard. if you have the tiny cables in the wrong spot on the motherboard it will come on for only 5 seconds and power down, but if you look at the manual for your mobo and adjust it correctly it will power up and stay on until you shut it down with the power button. also make sure the LED lights turn on the front of of your computer, if it does not come on look at your motherboar to make sure the switches are in the right places on your mobo.

Alright i'll check the jumpers
I already build a PC with the exact specs, so i thought i had the jumpers in the right place...i'll post if it works

I didn't do the thermal paste, I'm using the retail heatsink that Intel gives with the CPU, and they put a thermal compound on it.

And redoing the jumpers didn't work

Heres exactly what happens:
1) computer starts normal (fans blowing, etc)
2) one beep goes and the moniter comes on
3) a couple of things happen after that...
* the computer will shut off imediately
* the computer will go for a little bit and then shut off
* the computer will go to the right screen, but won't let me go into the Bios

also if i try to press delete before the beep, then the computer will also shut off

i noticed that right before it shuts off an orange light blinks. It hasn't ever gotten to the second beep, execpt for the first time i booted, and it went totally right, but then shut down before i could do anything ( i haven't touched the bios yet)

One more thing, the floppy drive light doesn't come on

Well, I think that the computer is overheating, but just wait for some more input from other members before taking it to an expensive Geek Squad place.

make sure you have the floppy ribbon cable in the right way cause i didnt for mine and well, it wouldnt work. Just make sure everything inside is plugged in, another suggestion would be try switching the PSU if u can.

i'm going to rip everything out tomarrow, so i'll make sure that i got everything in right. Also i don't have any extra PSUs ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom