Network Interface Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
That hasn't been well tested by consumers yet. So let people with money to burn try it first then Look at their feed back and decide if its worth it.

Hrm.... well, it comes packaged with the full version of FEAR....

Personally, I find some of the claims of this card insulting.... such as 'MAX FPS' technology... well, any NIC you buy has a processor on it to take the load off of the CPU... additionally, their "ultimate ping" feature.... your ping increases with the HARDWARE the packets go through on their way to the destination... it migth save what, maybe 1 or 2 ms... Oye....

If you are just looking to get Gigabit ethernet, Save your money....

I would like to see some benchmarks run on this card against one of these $20 ones, or hey, even a $6 to see what the comparisons are.

Yeah, I was using the NIC on my mobo, but when I installed my vid card/monitor, windows wasn't picking up my dsl, so i put my ethernet pci card and my DSL started working again, weird eh?

@Ksingler = You should've updated or rolled back drivers for your mobo driver.

Back to topic = $5 and $50 network cards are quite different. There are different speeds and different quality construction. Cheap ones are plastic and slow, expensive ones are metal and fast.

Dell uses cheap plastic NIC's, and they are only 10mbps.

Well, that would depend on what your goals are for the network... if you don't need any special features to be present on the card, and you want a 10/100 network, you should be fine...

If you want a 10/100/1000 and the port only supports 10/100, then you would need to get a 10/100/1000 card. Also note, the router / switch and other hosts would need the 10/100/1000 ports as well to use the gigabit ethernet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom