installation protection ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkitty

In Runtime
i was wondering if there was a program that i can use to prevent people from installing **** on my computer? Something that will make you enter a password in order to install any program. This is for my computer at work. I cannot have a personal account or login password,company policy, i keep having people at work installing stupid things.

what i meant is i cannot have a windows login account with password. we dont install anythign new as far as work software...they want to be able to get on the pc an do any tech support , if ever needed.

So there is only 1 account per machine? I still don't completely understand what you are saying.

When you boot up the machine... Does it automatically login 1 account?

i do NOT login to windows at all...when it boots it goes str8 to dekstop. having an account and password to login to windows is what we CANT have. so anybody can just get on my pc and do whatever.

Go to Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Create a new account, Limited Account.

Then, password protect your Admin account.

thats exactly what i CANNOT have...is there anything to prevent just ANYONE from installing stuff on my windows....without needing to setup an admin account

Just disable the Windows Installer service :) Then when YOU need to install something simply go into the services MMC and re-enable it..anyone with advanced pc skills can figure this out and re-enable it themselves..but usually in offices they arent that savy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom