ddr2 667 in a compatible board wont fit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blast2blaze

Baseband Member
My mushkin 2 1gb sticks of ddr2 667 wont fit into my asrock 775dualvsta even though it says it does, ima rma the board and check with the next, but is there another cause, cuz this seems to strange, what woukd make a motherboard not seat ram? The tab broke of cuz it was impossible so i pulled it up a bit.

any help?

blast2blaze said:
My mushkin 2 1gb sticks of ddr2 667 wont fit into my asrock 775dualvsta even though it says it does, ima rma the board and check with the next, but is there another cause, cuz this seems to strange, what woukd make a motherboard not seat ram? The tab broke of cuz it was impossible so i pulled it up a bit.

any help?

Well... there are 2 possible ways to put ram in and only one is right... so are you sure you were doing it the rgiht way? I once found myself trying to put it in the wrong way.. happens to the best of us :)

ya i did it the right way, and i tried the wrong way just in case...the ram stick looks fine, but i have no other mobo's to test it with.

can you take some pics of the ram? or compare it to the notches in other pics. or the same with the mobo

if your mobo supports the ram it should fit...this is a physical and not an electrical qualification.

if your notches line up than it's a matter of you doing it right, not rma'ing it to get a new one. You'll most likely encounter the same issues...

think of it like returning a cd device because for some reason you can't get the cd in there...

sometimes you have to apply even pressure, sometimes you have to do a seesaw wedge

make sure the tabs are pushed out on the sides too

and as you start to press the ram in, bring them up.

i think it is physical cuz the tabs are sort of in the way, it never moves totally out of the way to let the ram in

blast2blaze said:
i think it is physical cuz the tabs are sort of in the way, it never moves totally out of the way to let the ram in

I really hope you realize you have to open the tabs up and THEN put the ram in, the tabs will shut themselves when you get the ram in right..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom