Asus P5W DH probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

drake

Solid State Member
Using a p5w dh board with my conroe build. Board alone plugged into power will not give any audible beeps at all with out without cpu installed.

I should get 3-7 beeps with a bare board should I not? I installed all the hardware and was ready to roll and got nothing upon power up. So I started unhooking and have tested all the way down to the bare board and still get no beeps. I have tried 3 different working speakers and the same result . It is hooked correctly to the board. If I get no beeps with a bare board I would think it is the board with the problem. I have build 10-15 boxes with Asus boards over the last few years and have not had the first problem so I want to make sure it is the board before I send it back. I have checked over the jumpers on the board and they are all in their default setting. Cannot think of much else to do so I was looking for some ideas from you guys.

If you can think of something please let me know.

Thanks

I should get beeps without the cpu correct? Any other tricks to this board that anyone has ran across?

drake said:
I should get beeps without the cpu correct? Any other tricks to this board that anyone has ran across?

As long as the board is connected to a speaker and a power switch, the PSU, it should beep.

turtile said:
As long as the board is connected to a speaker and a power switch, the PSU, it should beep.

10-4 , just frustrated. Waited on the board a few extra days and once it comes .. it is DOA. I WANT it to WORK! :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom