much improvement ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat2k5

Baseband Member
would i see much improvement going from a celeron 2.4 478/128/400
to a P4 2.53 478/512/533 ??

i know its only .13 Ghz faster but will the FSB and L2 make it better ??

Yes the P4 will be a great improvement. The celerons are basically PIII's, so the P4 is a lot better. Make sure your motherboard will support the P4 and have the right bus speeds.

my mb is socket 478 and has fsb of 400 and 533 and yeah on the site it says it will work with all P4 and celerons that are 400 or 533 bus speed and under 3.2 Ghz

Vybuni said:
Yes the P4 will be a great improvement. The celerons are basically PIII's, so the P4 is a lot better. Make sure your motherboard will support the P4 and have the right bus speeds.

What do you mean by that?

The previous generation of Celerons were, for all intents and purposes, Pentium 4s with less cache. Same architecture, no difference except for the cache.......

Actually Magouster, you're wrong.

The Celeron's were based on Pentium 3's.

The Celeron D's are still in production, and are based on Pentium 4's. Maybe next, they'll make a Celeron 2 Duo?

Yes, and the Celerons before that were based on the Pentium 2. The statement was way too vague to use as fact. The current Celerons are based on the P4s, like I said in my previous post.

I realize not all celerons are equal, but I was assuming that he had an older one because of the 400MHz bus and 128 L2.

I'm pretty sure that Pentium 4's are 800Mhz FSB, not 533. And i guess that you're using a Celeron, not Celeron D? Because of the 128 cache vs. 256, and the lower FSB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom