blue error screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYL\X/3K

I know <html>, do you?
just built my rig and i installed a bunch a crap on it but my PC started getting slower n slower so i descided to defragment. over 400 fragments. anyway after lik 75% complete my HD descided to crash and the blue screen poped up i was too lazy to write the error down. anyway i restarded it and it wouldn't show my HD on the boot menu. :angry:
i opened it up 4 a while turn the back switch off & disconnected the ribbon cable from mobo & HD. 5min later i booted and it fine

P.S: i turned off the S.M.A.R.T monitoring option in the BIOS (though it might of been that)

its a fairly old HD like 3/4 years old
Seagate 40GB

might well be screwed, check the SMART status and get some diagnostic soft, best from seagate.

also check your filesystem chkdsk /r

well everything seems to be OK but i realized when i play music and search the web the computer freezes up (mouse moves)
then the blue screen
this is the error i wrote down before it rebooted by its self:
Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error
stop: 0x 00000007A ???????????????????/

he Stop 0x7A message indicates that a page of kernel data was not found in the paging (virtual memory) file and could not be read into memory. This might be due to incompatible or defective disk drivers, firmware, or hardware, bad sector in a paging file, a virus, or failing RAM.

1) Completely remove your page file (set it manually to zero), reboot then change your pagefile back to what it was before. Reboot.
(System properties > advanced > performance > advanced)

2) Run memtest86 to rule out bad ram.
(google memtest86 and download for the site, follow instructions)

3) if you havent run chkdsk /r then do so.

4) Replace your Hdd drivers, if you have an Nforce board then remove your nforce drivers and install the latest versions.
(www.nvidia.com)

1)on the paging file do i set both initial size and maximum size to zero or do i just click No paging file?

2)its a new RAM i dont think this has any problem (corsair DDR2 512mb 533mhz 240Pin)

check your ram timings!!! mine were at 5-5-5-"18" insead of 15. Screwed up EVERYTHING. Found it all my problems are gone. :)

Defragmentation is the hardest task for hard disk to perform.
Much harder than countinuous writing at max speed for a long time.
B/c fragments of the file are located at differnet physican places on the platters - hard disk head's mount has to move constatnly from place to place non stop for hours (you can hear it sometimes)
It generates a lot of heat inside the harddisk, and this is the most probably time for harddisk to fail.

well i runned chkdsk/r everything is fine but i still need to test the RAm the Memtest86 u guys introdused me into is tough to install all these zip and iso files
is there any other good program i can use to test my RAM 4 errors?

use the memtest86 download from geeks, its just an .exe if i remember right, and "no pagefile" is fine.

Geeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom