i currently love dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
well, my power button on my lcd monitor broke and even though the warranty is wayyyy expired theyre sending me another!!!! awesome monitor, this is the second monitor that the pwr button has broke tho...

That's cool. If you get one of those nice Dell support guys (and not the pricks they usually are) they can be good. Most manufacturer's won't do that for you. I'm sure they figured "hey its just a $2 button for a nice monitor, hopefully it'll keep him coming back for more." Not a bad deal.

I don't "dislike" Dell at all. They do have pretty bad PC support, and bad quality PC's, but they're fun to use, and you can't beat the price.

talldude123 said:
I don't "dislike" Dell at all. They do have pretty bad PC support, and bad quality PC's, but they're fun to use, and you can't beat the price.

Their PC's really arent that bad. And what do you mean "fun to use"? It's a computer, if the Dell is fun to use, they are all fun to use, eh? They're not the best quality, but they're not the worst either. they are perfect for offices, and the average home user. They are cheap, reliable, and offer a decent amount of performance, especially for the price. Dont hate.

I tend to disagree when people say Dells are reliable. I repair Dell computers quite often, they are probably the #2 brand that I fix. Most repairs turn out to be rather expensive for the customer since parts like the psu/mobo/even memory lots of times is propritary and can only come from a few places. Constructions tends to be rather cheap and slap dash imo.
Keep in mind that Dell makes a majority of it's money with businesses rather than normal consumers. Corporations rarely purchase computers, rather they lease them for 2-4 years and then get new ones; much more cost effective this way. ANd that's all the longer Dell computers are required to last, that 2-4 years they're needed for.
But that's just my opinion from repairing so many of them...

Dont turn the power off on your monitor!! the button does wear out and then you need to get it repaired or replace the whole thing...

I haven't pushed a monitor power button (bar the initial /on/) for about 8 years.

Tbh Dell support is good (not first hand) but at the school alot of the dell PC's were failing due to the overheating capacitors, they said locate any that have expanded and we will replace them. Que loads being replaced. :p

Logitech support is meant to be 1st class too.

Dell's are fun to use because they can do anything. My friend finally upgraded to a Dell XPS gaming system, and it plays everything. I use it for gaming now; and that's why it's fun to use.

I tried to buy his old Dell 8250, but he ain't selling it; at least for a price i'd pay for a 4-year old computer; $80.

is there some kind of standby for monitors? i mean i leave my pc every maybe 15 minutes for a while, i dont want the monitor left on

talldude123 said:
I don't "dislike" Dell at all. They do have pretty bad PC support, and bad quality PC's, ... and you can't beat the price.
That is my problem with DELL as they are flooding the market with bad quality PCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom