Network Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
Hi,

Everytime I turn my computer on I have to supply a network password and then I am prompted to "please confirm password you entered. This will be used as your windows password. Confirm new password" ? What is causing this to appear everytime I boot up. Before I was only asked for a network PW only. I have a windows 98 SE PC.

What do I have to do to solve this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

You are typing in a password in the network login prompt that is different that the cached local users password on the 98 machine.
It's just asking you to confirm you password change. And again..you really don't have to go through with this step. You can click cancel.

-Mike

Mike,

I realize I can just hit cancel but what I am trying to do is to remove that step. It shouldn't need to appear at all. Do you know how to remove this step? I appreciate your help.

Just delete the .pwl file in the windows folder .. restart the machin e... Now when it asks u for the password hit enter without typing in any password.

The box will not appear in the future

Preet,

The only entry in that folder is default.pwl. I did a find on *.pwl and that's the only entry I find on all drives. Should I delete that or does that need to be there?

Yes .. delete it ... Make sure u have the Show all files enabled ... else u might not find the hidden ones.

Are u sure u deleted all .pwl files??

There should be a file with the username u r using n' would have a .pwl extension..

Else ..u could use an autologon script ... I'm at work rite now ..i can post that once i get home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom