Pink Linux Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, even better then, theres a quite simple way to turn thsoe ribbon cables into flat ones if you wish..

its really simple,

take a thin, sharp knife [like japanese knife], take either electrical tape or buy a cable sleeving materials kits [heatshrinks, sleeves etc]

every 3 wires in the ribbon cable make a small cut of something that you could put your pinkie through, then just pull it apart, when you're done seperating everything it'll look kinda messy, just start rounding it, the seperated wires will round up pretty neatly, then either put just a bit electrical tape to make sure it won't losen up and sleeve it with whatever sleeving you bought, or just cover the whole thing up with an electrical tape, viola you have a rounded IDE cable :D .

I did it to all of my extra IDE's.

hope this helps ;)

-Jo.

Shannon said:
I like the round cables too, but I already have about 500,000 of the flat kind.

Don't we all, I throw mine into a big box where it just sits. I still have stuff for AT cases in that box, I don't know if they're still being sold.

I think I'd rather just buy round cables then trying to make them, seems like more effort then its worth.

The flat cables are easily bent to fit through compact places, for instance on my computer, the sound card is directly above the IDE slot (don't ask me why, :mad: ) and my flat cable its right under it, and is snug up against the back of the case, all the way up to the DVD writers, where the part between the two is folded flat and barely visible.

I guess if they made rounded cables where the long part is round and the short part (between the drives) is flat, that would be useful, but all that extra stuff between the two drives is a bit much on rounded cables.

Yoad said:
Well, even better then, theres a quite simple way to turn thsoe ribbon cables into flat ones if you wish..

Ribbon cables ARE flat cables. ;)

lol when I said ribbon into flati ment ribbon into rounded, sorry, my mistake ;)..

still, its simple to make it...............

instructions are on this post, if she has 50,000 ribbon cables then she can ruin 10 or so by trying on them first[although its easy enough to make it in the first try hehe, and she seems quite skilled i believe she can make such a simple thing]

-Jo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom