dx9 + dx10 prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait for OpenGL 3.0 cards! Z0m6! NO WAI5!

DirectX 10 has WAYYYY too much hype. I've seen the doctored screenshots of Flight Simulator X, ;) Totally fake! Until I actually play one of these amaaaazing DirectX 10 games, I couldn't care less about it.

Well, the 7950GX2 isn't the be all end all of video cards either. Today's cards will not be up to the challenge of these next gen games at full settings. That much is fact!

I am not waiting for the G80 for because I am a Vista freak and am hyped up about DX10. I am waiting for it because it will allow me to play next generation games such as Crysis and UT2007 at the resolution I want and it will last me more than 6 months.

So far Nvidia and ATI have been totally silent on DX10 cards, so I can see why people would not want to wait for next gen. I so wish the companies would shed a little more light on this subject.

who cares about DX10, i'm running a 6600GT (AGP) and am very happy with it for now (aside from the fact that i think it is dieing), if you dont need UB3R 1337 graphics you need not worry about that stuff

COD2_fanatic said:
who cares about DX10, i'm running a 6600GT (AGP) and am very happy with it for now (aside from the fact that i think it is dieing), if you dont need UB3R 1337 graphics you need not worry about that stuff

True, some people like to turn the settings up, and some people are fine as long as the game runs. My problem is once I get used to cranking everything up (which I am), its very hard to go back.

Personally, how i feel about Vista, DX10 cards, and the G80/R600 cards is as such:

Vista - Meh. Doesn't look promising, plus with the additional resource hog it is, i'm just going to have to learn how to "clean up" another OS of unnecessary crap. That's why i love me some Linux, though i can't completely switch (windows = games).

DX10 - I want to know when it's going to come out. That's it.

G80/R600 cards - If the R600s truly do have 48 pixel shaders on chip, i will never buy an nVidia card. G80, haven't heard much.

A new article i read shows that the G80 is going to pretty much be a G70/G71, overclocked, with DX10 stapled on. The R600 is going to be a totally new chipset built from the ground up with DX10 in mind. This said, I think we are going to have a repeat of the GeForce FX series vs. the Radeon 9800 series. ATI will be the clear winner this time if what I read is true.

Either way, if playing future games like UT2007, Crysis, or even Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is your goal, waiting for next gen is your best option.

the only possible reaosn i would be interested in dx10 or vista is because of halo2 vista. But it's not worth forking out 500 dollars for an OS and a new card just so i can play a game i already have on console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom