Zalman VF900 + X1900XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBD

In Runtime
I ordered the VF900 yesterday because I want a quiet PC :)
vf900led-inst.gif

But! today I found out they make a upgrade, The Fatal1ty VF900 :amazed:
zv9-inst.jpg

It's to bad Arctic Cooling Accelero blows the hot exhaust directly onto the mobo :mad:
sharka-computers_1913_1299260

I think the stock cooler is good, But it's LOUD at 100%

Do you guys think I should return the VF900 and get the Fatal1ty VF900?

What kind of temps are you guys getting with your X1900XT + VF900?

My stock temps are...
Fan- 40%---- -not gaming----- 45c
Fan- 100% ---Gaming-----------60c

When I install whatever I decide on, I'll post pics and the new temps.

dude the faltality is like $70(let me guess, that not the price?, im always wrong), but i guess if ur considering its only $xx more than the stok vf900, go for it the fatality is awsome lookin, too bad u dont see it! lol

dont bother, its the exact same thing with some type of metal anodized or something on top of it. i assume it is pure silver, which would help heat removal (about 3% improvement vs. copper) but thats if the whole thing is made out of silver. it is a gimic, just like the rest of the fatal1ty line of products.

Fatal1ty hardware is a waste of money.

I guarantee VF900 performs the same as the Fatal1ty VF900.

Thanks guys :cool:

I'm still waiting for the ups guy to drop it off, But I've decided to keep the regular VF900. I'm still sceptical about how well it will cool my X1900XT, I'll just have to wait and see :cool:

I guess the Fatal1ty version has a higher RPM fan, At 100% spins 33% faster and will keep the GPU 2 degrees Celsius cooler than the regular VF900. It's also is 11db louder (36db)

The Fatal1ty VF900 is nickel plated copper, not silver lol:p I don't believe nickel plating would help cooling, I think it's just for looks, But I could be wrong :confused:

everything in fatality's lineup is a complete waste of money and you'll get joked at lans :3

considering it is heat pipe based heat transfer, the extra RPMs would only be helpful if you reach the upper limit of the heat pipe capabilities... which i doubt we will be able to do...

hope you got yours off newegg... they just droped the price 5 bucks and have free 3 day shipping :D i just bought mine too!

The fatality lineup is also a lot louder. Not worth it in my opinion. Especially when you already ordered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom