Intel feeling the heat from AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I h8 1nt3l..."

All i have to say is:

[color=sea-green]PowerPC[/color] > iNTEL

Long live PPC :cool:

uzi9mm said:
well do you have any substance or reason behind your awkward opinion?

Yes as a matter of fact I do...

I use both systems on the regular... 1 at work (Intel) and 1 at home (AMD)

Both are almost identicle except for video card.

At work (on the INTEL machine) when the machine has too many requests to process it pauses...

Now when I say too many requests, I mean like 20 apps open at the same time and about 10 different webpages open at once...

Yes, it's a huge mess, but that is what I need open at a given time.

My AMD machine can handle it without ANY problems WHILE remoted in...

My intel machine on the other hand pauses on a regular basis b/c of all the stuff happening at once...

There is nothing wrong with my intel machine... None of the machines here can handle my workload.

So that fact alone makes me love my AMD machine...

brady said:
Yes as a matter of fact I do...

I use both systems on the regular... 1 at work (Intel) and 1 at home (AMD)

Both are almost identicle except for video card.

At work (on the INTEL machine) when the machine has too many requests to process it pauses...

Now when I say too many requests, I mean like 20 apps open at the same time and about 10 different webpages open at once...

Yes, it's a huge mess, but that is what I need open at a given time.

My AMD machine can handle it without ANY problems WHILE remoted in...

My intel machine on the other hand pauses on a regular basis b/c of all the stuff happening at once...

There is nothing wrong with my intel machine... None of the machines here can handle my workload.

So that fact alone makes me love my AMD machine...

have you used a conroe yet?

brady said:
nope... but won't spend the money to "try" it.

alright, well i guess i have to agree with you that intel p4's sucked post athlon 64 era. since you probably are talking about a northwood or prescott.

but i mean, with the conroe, intel is at the top of its game. But i am sure AMD will rebound. They just dumped millions of dollars into a productions facility around here, so they are up to something.

@brady - Yes... We all know how terrible Intel was before they came out with the Core Duo and Core 2 Duo. No one here thinks P4 > A64, we ALL know that A64 pwnz0r3z the P4.

But the fact of the matter is that C2D pwnz0r3z the A64. That's all there is too it. Nothing more, nothing less.

intel core 2 duo > AMD Athlon64 X2
intel core extreme > AMD Athlon FX

for lap tops
Pentium M > AMD Turion
Core duo > AMD Turion X2

So
Intel > AMD

maroon1 said:
Pentium M > AMD Turion

Nope, Turion > Pentium M.

I use a Pentium M HP laptop regularly ... SLOWEST COMPUTER EVER. It takes 10 minutes to boot! And reinstalling Windows didn't make it any faster! Boot to Knoppix SAME THING, EXTREMELY SLOW. I ran SuperPI 1M and it got a WOPPING 1m 45s!!!!!!! WTF?!?!

Pentium M is slower than my Pentium II 233Mhz at work! SO SLOW!!

ok i think people need to chill and make sure things they say are backed up properly or people are just wasting posts.

General saying that doesn't prove a point unless you mention clock speed's/models. remembering of course that the Pentium M Banias started at something like 1.1ghz so it wouldn't be fair if you are comparing it to a top of the line Turion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom