Spyware infection notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwillyf

Solid State Member
Windows flashes up a message every half minute saying my computer is infected with spyware, and that clicking on the balloon will enable Windows to download up to date spyware software. Clicking on the balloon does nothing except temporarily hide the ballon, only for ir to re-appear shortly. I have Spyware Detector installed and this has quarantined any worms it found. How do I permanently get rid of the red sphere with a white cross on it in the the toolbar, and disable the warning notice.
Thanks

ewww you got hit with that spyaxe crap..and possibly other spyware..I would follow Warez's spyware removal guide..also search google for "spyaxe removal tool" and there is a specific tool that will remove that *******..I would for sure look for other spyware though as well.

the popup is spyware its a fake removal program that got installed along with the adaware. It wants you to use the program to remove it. To do so you need to buy it, its a scam.

Spyware Detector is a fake spyware program, its the spyware

Thanks very much to everyone who replied. I went through the Warez process and it certainly did reveal lots of worms not shown with Spyware Detector.
Although the original notice does occasionally appear, it's easy to dispose of it by a single click.
If as is said above, it is fake, I will uninstall Spyware Detector.
Again many thanks

Is publication of my Hijackthis log file as suggested above, a safe thing to do, in the sense of making my computer susceptible to malicious folk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom