Sysprep users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win2kpatcher

Fully Optimized
Yes hello..I was wondering if there was possibly any sysprep alternatives?..or pehaps one of you could explain why I am having so much problems with it lately..The main issue is when it brings up the mini setup..it basically errors out right away saying it is looking for files..I corrected one problem I saw in the sysprep.inf that was pointing the install path to c:\sysprep\i386.

So I changed that to c:\I386, and that seemed to help but it still says it cant locate a file named kbdbhc.dll and all I simply do is browse to C:\I386 and it finds the file..grrrr! :)

Another problem is when it boots back up it starts detecting hardware and for about 15 drivers it says they are not signed and I basically have to keep hitting "continue" a bunch of times. Any ideas??? I like the many setup deal cause it allows me to enter a unique network name and join it to the domain..I dont care for all the hardware detection crap..boo!

;SetupMgrTag
[Unattended]
InstallFilesPath=C:\I386

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=wouldntyouliketoknow
EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=4

[UserData]
ProductKey=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
FullName="Information Technology"
OrgName="The Desert Sun Publishing Co."

[TapiLocation]
CountryCode=1
Dialing=Tone
AreaCode=760
LongDistanceAccess="9"

[SetupMgr]
DistFolder=C:\I386
DistShare=windist

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

Lets compare here:

;SetupMgrTag
[Unattended]
OemSkipEula=Yes
TargetPath=\WINDOWS

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=youdontknowmypassword
EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
OEMSkipRegional=1
OEMDuplicatorstring=Imaged on 2.28.2006 Hebron, Ky
TimeZone=35
OemSkipWelcome=1

[UserData]
ProductID=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
FullName="Meritor/WABCO"
OrgName=""
ComputerName=*

[Display]
BitsPerPel=32
Xresolution=1024
YResolution=768
Vrefresh=72

[TapiLocation]
CountryCode=1
AreaCode=859

[GuiRunOnce]
Command0="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\tplfps001\DOS4050"
Command1="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\tplfps001\DOSXRX35"
Command2="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\hebfps001\HEBHP1300-001_DFrame"
Command3="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\hebfps001\HEBHP2420"
Command4="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\hebfps001\HEBHP4000-001_Assembly_Rack"
Command5="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\hebfps001\HEBHP4000-002_Receiving"
Command6="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\hebfps001\HEBHP4000-003_Materials"
Command7="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\hebfps001\HEBHP4050-001_QA_Lab"
Command8="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\hebfps001\HEBHP4050-003_Assembly"
Command9="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\hebfps001\HEBHP4600-001_Office_Color"
Command10="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\hebfps001\HEBHP8100-001_Pick_List"
Command11="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\hebfps001\HEBHP8100-002_UPS_Line"
Command12="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\hebfps001\HEBHP8150-001"
Command13="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\hebfps001\HEBHP970"
Command14="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\hebfps001\HEBXRX432ST-001_QA_Xerox"
Command15="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\hebfps001\HEBXRX440ST-001_Office_Xerox"
Command16="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\tplfps001\TPLHp4050-001"
Command17="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\tplfps001\TPLHP5SI-001"
Command18="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\tplfps001\TPLHP5Si-002"
Command19="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\tplfps001\TPLHPDJ8"
Command20="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\tplfps001\TPLXRX35-001"
Command21="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\tryfps003\trydc8000-206"

[Identification]
JoinDomain=na
DomainAdmin=na\genesys
DomainAdminPassword=xxxxxxx

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Branding]
BrandIEUsingUnattended=Yes

[Proxy]
Proxy_Enable=0
Use_Same_Proxy=0

[SysPrep]
BuildMassStorageSection=Yes

[SysprepMassStorage]

Looks like you have a bunch of extra configs that I really dont need to shell out at our smaller company here, but i noticed this part is diff...could these be the problem?

;SetupMgrTag
[Unattended]
OemSkipEula=Yes
TargetPath=\WINDOWS

I am launching the sysprep tool then using the "reseal" option with the "use mini setup" and "detect non-plug n play hardware" option checked in Shutdown mode. The only reason I have it detecting that hardware is because it would detect my NIC otherwise cause it prompts to use an unsigned driver and wouldnt give me the option to join a domain.

so you have made the image with all the drivers installed and sysprep wont recognize the nic to join it to the domain?

Well that part is not really an issue as when I set the mini setup to detect non-plug n play hardware it prompts during the mini setup for the NIC and if I want to use the unsigned drivers..once I hit continue its all good...its just when I come back into the OS it prompts for all those other 15 or so drivers.

When I leave the box unchecked to detect non-plug n play devices I dont get all the driver prompts when it boots, but the NIC is also not detected during the mini setup so it doesnt prompt to join a domain because it has no driver for the NIC installed..Only when the OS comes back online can I reinstall the driver for the NIC.

The main thing for me is why the **** it cant find all the files it needs to begin the mini setup..I mean I dont mind pointing it to the correct directory, but it shouldnt be that *****y :) Maybe the PC is a POS!!lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom