CD drive not opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

DwayneDays

In Runtime
My cd/dvd burner drive is not openingf now! It happened with my regular dvd drive before too I ended up just taking that out. it worked fine yesterday when I used it but I tried it later and it wasnt woerking then. Drive D and E arent showing up in the my computer options either. SHould I go do somthing in setup

So i turnd off my computer and booted it back up. While it was booting up it would ope and close reguarly but once windows came on it wouldn't open. ANy suggestions?

Did your burner come with a driver CD? If it did, delete the previous installation and reinstall it, you should also see if there are any newer drivers for it.

If your burner is of the plug and play type, unplug the IDE and power cords and turn it on, then back off, reconnect the cords and see if the device shows up as "found new hardware".

An after thought here, if you have a disk in your tray that you need, you can manually open the case. Just below the tray there is a small hole, if you take something like a paper clip and insert it into that hole and apply gentle pressure it will open.

Take a paper clip and push it in the little hole on your drives face plate. That will move the little wheel inside and open the dirve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom