Hey TF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetz

Baseband Member
I've been visiting the site for about a month or two now, just browsing. Finally registered because it's a nice place.

A little bit about me, I'm 21, just bought my first house. I also have a 1.5 yr old daughter. I live in a burb of Chicago, but work downtown in the IT department of a construction company (2nd largest one in the world).

I currently have a 3 year old Dell desktop, but I figure it's about time to build a new one, I've been waiting for Conroe to be released so within the next few months I'll start the project. I plan on turning my Dell into an internal Linux server for my network at home.

I'm more of a software guy, but do know a good amount about the hardware side. I've ran my own hosting company for about 3 years. I ran my own IRC Network for 2 years as well, shut that down last year. I like to expirement with new things, you know, learn a little about everything. I like web design/development the most thought.

And that's that!

Welcome to TF Streetz,

Nice to see you are into Linux, me too ;) Good to see another H/W buff on the forums. Great to see you are into web design as well, you see to have your hand in everything!

Welcome to the controlled Chaos that is TF, jump right in. We don't bite... Hard ;)

Jake

Welcome to TF!

Don't upgrade that Dell yet, get some posts, learn a bit, and then upgrade or build a new system.

Great to have you with us.

You're right, TF is a nice place. And I'm sure that, with you sharing your experience and know-how, is will be an even better place.

talldude123 said:
learn a bit
?? I've already pieced together a nice rig for what I'm looking for.

But anyways, thanks everyone for the welcome!! Hope to share my knowledge and learn quite a bit as well from you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom