Can any one suggest a PSU for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Wall_117

In Runtime
This is the setup I am looking to build:

Graphics: SAPPHIRE Radeon X1900XTX 512MB: $356.00

RAM (SUBJECT TO CHANGE): mushkin 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit: $151.00

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s: $95.00

Case: (ThermalTake Armor Jr.: $106.00

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 1066MHz FSB 2M shared L2 Cache LGA 775: $243.00

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-945P-S3 Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 945P ATX: $91.00

I will probably have one or at the most two disk drives other than the HDD in there, so make sure yuo factor that in to the suggestion.

I want to keep the price for the PSU under or very close to $100. If you make a suggestion, make sure it will work with all of my other parts, and that it will last a long(ish) time.

I also have another thread about RAM, here: http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121725
If you can, please visit it and help there too. I know I ask alot of you, but I have exausted all other resources and I need reassurance and assistance before I make such a big purchase.

TheDiceman said:
Antec Truepower at 550W or higher (I woudl go higher to allow to the PSU wearing down).

PSUs don't wear down, it either works or it doesn't. You may find that a rail isn't providing the proper voltage, but that is a failure, not wearing down.

Wrong, over teh course of time the PSU will start to produce progressively less power, although it is not soemthing that becomes a problem till teh PSU is at least 2 years old.

UA_Iron said:
I like the Liberty PSU, but will it be enough power for my graphics card? It meets teh wattage requirements, but the graphics card requires 30A on the 12v rail, this only has 22 on each of it's rails.

I assume though, that if I put only the graphic card on one rail, then everything else on the other, it will work out just fine. I only have one CD drive and one HDD, that and a few fans on that rail shouldn't be too bad, and the graphics card assumes a fully loaded system in it's requirements, so it should do fine if it has it's very own 22v rail dedicated to nothing but it and maybe a fan or two.

OMG ... dangit why does everyone think you need 30v on 1 freakin rail... i'm running an x1900xt on a 19A rail... its not really a problem.. its 30A amp total... and that assumes a fully loaded system... which yours is NOT.... don't worry too much about it..... if i could run sli on a 38 amp total system.. i'm sure you can run just 1 xtx with 44 amps total....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom