Somthing I always wondered

Status
Not open for further replies.
depending on other fans in the case...
and where the fan is located.

personally..... i have mine blow in, cool things down, and have hot air passively leave the case. but with air blowing air i get a massively bad dust problem.

i think its a bad idea to have all fans blow inwards. I have 3 fans (2 in front, one on the side) blowing in, and 2 fans (one big one in back, one on top since heat rises) blowing out. This helps the circulation to clear out heat and dust.

if you have all the fans blowing in then you basically also keep the heat in, so it fries as if it wasn't even in a case.

savagenator said:
i think its a bad idea to have all fans blow inwards. I have 3 fans (2 in front, one on the side) blowing in, and 2 fans (one big one in back, one on top since heat rises) blowing out. This helps the circulation to clear out heat and dust.

if you have all the fans blowing in then you basically also keep the heat in, so it fries as if it wasn't even in a case.

well in theory....

with all of the pressure of air being blown in, air also does escape the case thru passive means.

it can be done by trial and error but in my opinion you should just look at it logically and you should be able to tell the best way to set up a case for airflow. as long as you pull all the cables etc out of the way the hardest part is solved. you should generally have a combination of intake and exhaust fans. i like the idea of a similar setup to Trotter's, in exhaust "blowhole" fan, front intake, rear exhaust and perhaps a side intake. in addition you can also have fans inside the case to circulate air.

uzi9mm said:
depending on other fans in the case...
and where the fan is located.

personally..... i have mine blow in, cool things down, and have hot air passively leave the case. but with air blowing air i get a massively bad dust problem.

me too, except i'm enough of a geek to have the time to clean out my case on weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom