Best DDR400 RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fzk

Baseband Member
I was looking into this 2GB OCZ RAM but they recently upped the prices :[

What are your guy's best picks? I was looking into this gskill 2GB.

For the price diffrence the timings arent that much higher. The more money I can save the more money I can put into case mods.

or maybe something else..?

AMD 4000+ 2.6
ASUS a8n-SLI Premium
eVGA 7900GT KO

i vote for the OCZ (although it is more expensive), they have a good overclocking reputation i myself have never used them though

unless you are overclocking then i would say there really isn't that much difference from stick to stick other than overall quality and warranty support. performance will not vary significantly at stock speeds of DDR400 with various timings. while the difference may be present it is not something that you will be likely to "perceive" other than in perhaps a few points in a benchmark. my answer for the best DDR400 memory is the fabled Winbond BH-5 chip.

im not planning on OC'ing my RAM but only my CPU/GPU.

So the extra $ isint worth it if im going stock?

If you are OC'ing your CPU, then you are OC'ing your RAM aswell.

I wouldn't even get DDR400, but DDR500(PC4000). G.Skill makes excellant DDR500 RAM for $179 USD.

DDR500 RAM is gauranteed to run at 250MHz. For me, that's an instant .5GHz boost without having to mess with RAM.

yea...

ddr500 is the way to go i found it out the hard way, but it should be here tomorrow! (the replacement)!!!
check out teamgroup and mushkin for awesome timings on 2gb kits. had an old thread with both modules linked but i dunno.
the teamgroup looks better and was cheaper. 210 with shipping and handling.
thus why i went w them.
really not looking forward to undoing my cpu heatsink in order to change out the ram but its gotta be re-seated anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom