Computer won't load past windows screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

foskey

Baseband Member
My computer started having this issue today, when i got home I went to go on my computer and it was on one of the first loading screens where it shows the details of your HD, slave and master drives etc and on the bottom i believe it said "Internal system drive error... please insert system disk to continue"

after seeing that, i let my computer cool down a bit since it felt pretty warm to the touch inside (3 hours), but now when it boots up it asks to select a windows mode, which i choose last known configuration, and after it gets to the windows screen with the bar that signifies loading, the monitor shuts off for about 2-3 seconds then it begins to reboot all over again so it keeps repeating itself.

i have no idea what could be causing this problem, any advice would be great, would love to fix this as soon as i can :\

1) Try Safe Mode omong the options in the list that you see, If it fails than:
2) Put your bootable XP cd, boot from it, choose "new installation of winxp", While scanning your drive(s) setup will detect your current WinXP installation and will prompt you to repair. Choose Yes.
If this fails than:
3)Completely reformat your entire hard disk (or only boot partition) and install winxp on it, as you would do on new computer.

if none of these work you might run a hard-drive testing utility... i personally like spinrite6...this will tell you if you have bad sectors on your hard-drive... only problem is that it takes a long time (probably about 17 hours) to run through this program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom