Booting problem... New AGP card

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoop2077

Beta member
I just upgraded from a PCI video card to an AGP card. After install, I turn on the computer, and the monitor displays "Video Cable Connected?" I turn the computer off, and back on, it starts to boot up, but pauses and says "Overclocking error.... F1 to enter setup... F2 to load default setting and continue" I hit F2, and it loads fine. No matter how I shut it down, it does the exact same thing again. I've turned the BIOS settings from PCI to AGP priority. Of course it goes back to PCI everytime I hit F2, which is the only way to continue at that point... And I'm not overclocking anything. Please help!!
Thank you,
Andrew

There are 1.5volt agp cards (new) and 3volt agp cards (old) maybe it has something to do with this.
Also, if you can, disable the internal card in bios altogether (if you can)

Also, Even if you hit F2 and it continues to load pci card as primary card, second AGP card can still be working. If it does - you can just set up it to be your primary display card in Windows, or even use both cards simultaneously.

install your old card... let the system get back to "normal" and then check for compatability. the voltage does matter. check to make sure you mobo will accept the voltage of the card. if it does then cool...

once that's done... un-install the old video drivers. once done, restart your system and let windows come up. shut down and power cord from the PSU, AND pull your battery from the mobo and then change out your card. wait about 5 minutes then put the battery back in, and power up. go into the bios and change your setting. at this point you should have to reset the time and everything. change the video setting to AGP and you SHOULD be good to go. once done go into windows and install the new video drivers and follow the directions. :)

Is it still possible for it to be a voltage problem even though the video card does display properly exactly every other time I start the computer? Also, I don't currently have the PCI card installed, just the AGP. Thanks!!

Well, I remember now that I installed another 512 RAM at the same time I installed the video card. I took out the new RAM and everything is fine now... until I insert the RAM. Any ideas now?

Thanks, Andrew

What is the specs on your current ram, and what ram did you add?
Mixing and matching ram can cause Intermittent Problems in some cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom