Windows Activation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

techzone

Baseband Member
Hi Everyone, I build my new system few days ago. Installed Win Xp Home SP2 and downloaded all the updates. Overclocked my pc and now windows activation box comes up again. "You have three days to activate". I already did activate win Home. Can you pls help me out. Thanks.

Sounds like you are either trying to install on a 2nd PC or there are too many hardware changes and XP thinks its in a new PC.

Either way, call Micro$oft.

mBernhardt said:
Sounds like you are either trying to install on a 2nd PC or there are too many hardware changes and XP thinks its in a new PC.

Either way, call Micro$oft.

yea I made some hardware changes to my new pc. So everytime I want to install or uninstall a hardware I have call MS? :(

a new motherboard is considered a new pc (thus meaning new liscense is needed)

they will probably activate it for you over the phone, just don't mention that^ if it pertains to you

Called MS and Problem Solved. Well, I have to call MS everytime when I reinstall Windows. Its a pain.

i get this all the time at work... basically your HAL (Hardware Allocation List) got messed up when you added hardware so windows thinks it's a new machine. All you do is re-activate it and if it prompts you to say you were working on your computer and it is the only one with this copy installed...they will give you a long code and tada... you're activated... just be ready cuz they are usually people with foreign accents are are hard to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom