Corrupt file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
I have recently downloaded the new BF2 Patch (1.3 I think it is), the total size of it is 438mb.
I have a Maxtor 40gb HDD with only like 400mb space left (fixing that problem at the moment) and I recently bought a Seagate 250gb HDD space with like 220gb space left with a 16mb cache. I moved the patch to the new seagate drive and then tried to boot it up, however it wont run the program, it will just hang there lagging the **** out of my computer... i then go to task manager and it reads that the cpu usage is at 100%. Everything runs slow and sometimes the only way to ressurect the problem is to restart the computer at the switch.

Does this mean the file is corrupt. Originally I thought it was that I didn't have enough space to run the program, but when I moved it to the bigger HDD and it still didnt run, then I got a little concerned.

Please help me out here!

Michael

The 1.4 patch is out now

yeah u need the patch on the same hard drive

I dont know if u have upgraded your computer lately or u just havnt changed your specs its just i dont think you would be able to play bf2 with a fx5200 128mb

Where else am I supposed to post it? (not trying to be smart, just asking for an opinion). So without turning this thread into a massive argument I'll continue on to my further problem which has just presented itself.

I've freed up some space on my old 40gb Maxtor HDD, so now it has 11gb free and I also transferred the file back over to the same drive as my BF2 game.

So the Hard-drives look like the following:
Seagate 250gb = 225gb free
Maxtor 40gb = 11gb free

I again tried to install the file....

The file still won't load (regardless of whether it is the latest patch or not I don't care), but all I want to know is why it would load? Is it a hardware problem? or a software problem? is it fixable? Or do I just have to download the patch again? I ask this so I know what to do next time it happens :)

Thanks,

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom