AVI Burning

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i have tried this but i cannot find drivers for it, moreover, other forums are adamant that i need no drivers for my dvd burner, yet my pc keeps asking for them. any thoughts?

The only info I can give you is from device manager. This Is what I got from PC Wizard 2006

Disk Type : CD-Rom Data
Peripheral Type : ATAPI
Model : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4082N
Recordable : Yes
Free Space : 0%

im still convinced its not a dvd burner it may be a cd burner but not a dvd burner. pull it out and read the bottom the label will usually say the make and model of it.

the device i have is a sony rwdw-q120a bought from ebuyer, it did not come with any software and i have told that it shouldnt need anydrivers at all, i am rather perplexed!!

This is the drive I have--
FREE Upgrade: 8X DVD+/-R/RW w/Double Layer Support
Enjoy the Super Multi 8X DVDR/RW with Double Layer Support. Dual-format DVD drives lets you easily preserve, edit and share video and photos ? and quickly store, back up and transport your music and data ? on DVDs and CDs. With double-layer technology, store up to 8.5GB - almost twice as much as a regular, single-layer DVD. It records DVD+/-R at up to 8X, DVD+/-RW at up to 4X, and CDs at up to 24X. (Double-layer discs can store more data than single-layer discs. However, double-layer discs burned with this drive may not be compatible with many existing single-layer DVD drives and players. HP recommends the use of single-layer DVD+R discs for maximum compatibility with other DVD drives and players. Write speeds may vary based on type of media selected and notebook configuration. Actual speeds may vary. Does not permit copying of commercially available DVD movies or other copyright-protected materials. Intended only for creation and storage of original material and other lawful uses.)

Am I just missing a driver?

I have twice given you advice, that you totally choose to ignore. at the very least we would find out if it is a encoding problem or a burning problem

but never mind. I guess that you don't want my help. I'm very good and helping people solve their burning problems

Here is what I have tried-
CD burning and reading is ok
DVD reading and burning doesn't work
When a CD is in the drive, I can transfer files to D:
When a DVD is in the drive, files cannot be transfered to D:
I don't know what you mean by burning it as a DVD folder
Several benchmarks I have run say the drive is fine.
There are no additional drivers on the HP website
I cannot find the drive manufacturer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom