MAC vs PC - What do you Prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
apokalipse said:
I can sit here making big arguments of why Mac is better, AND counter all that you said in one giant post, but you know what?
FU(|< it!

I'm going to say something else, but before I do I want to make something perfectly clear:
1. I STILL like Mac's better
2. the only reason I am posting what's below is because: whatever I argument I make in favour of Mac, someone counter's it, right or not! and then that will in turn make me counter them, then they counte me, then I counter them etc..... and it just doesn't end
3. I DEFINATELY DO NOT want somebody assuming or accusing me of "sucking up" because I still have many arguments I COULD post!

What I want to say, is that I just want to make a truce as we both know that there will otherwise be no end to it!
and this is just getting too political!

let's just leave it as: neither Mac's nor PC's are superior, and they both have their advantages

I'm a Mac person, you're a PC person, the end!

*edit* wow, this is my 1999th post

You see, i could be a little piss-face and make a bunch of "pansy" comments right now, but im not because i agree with you. this is what ive been trying to to for about 4 posts... just end the madness. Im tired of having to lay down crap on your crap, then you lay your crap down on mine. neither person is gonna let down, and there is no true answer because its all personal opinion.

I accept the "truse" as i am tired of having to think so much about something completely rediculous. If someone could PLEASE lock this thread... i would be eternally greatful. I think most would agree that this all needs to end.

Here it is ahead of time

--R . I . P .--
-Mac VS PC-

edit: oh yeah! who got to start a new page? w00t w00t!

Let me just input this somewhat ignorant but painfully true statement.

Why buy a mac of 90% of people use PC. Doesn't that tell you somthing, or is being "different" more important to you?

something that is also true is: popularity isn't all
example: a school bully may be popular, but he may never get much out of life after school

there are many reasons I and others like Macs better
there are many reasons people like PC's better

I'm just ending this with: there is no superior!

Crypty said:
Let me just input this somewhat ignorant but painfully true statement.

Why buy a mac of 90% of people use PC. Doesn't that tell you somthing, or is being "different" more important to you?

umm yes it is, most of the time.

lots of people spend their life being different from everyone else. its good to have a unique personality, as it seperates us from animals beyond our higher intelligence.

I try to be as different as possible; im not a complete geek-tard to be cool. if i knew absolutely nothing about computers, i would probably start with mac just to be against the majority. i only favor PCs because thats what i grew up on, and thats the way everyone's opinions run.

example: if your parents are christian, then you will be too, about 99% of the time, because they teach you that christianity is the way to go, and/or you will be isolated from the other religions... whereas someone whos parents are bhuddist will of course always be bhuddist the same % of the time. now my parents, never really did a whole lot with religion, so im more of an atheistic type (as much as my dad doesnt like it...)

so if your parent decided to buy an apple as your first computer (or YOU bought one, for that matter) and then bought another after that, you would probably be an apple person. the same goes with windows. Then theres the people who's parents or themelves dont really use computers that much (ie most of the population) and they probably wouldnt care, even though they may say they like one of the two better so they can fit in to the crowd. windows PCs are popular because if you go to Best Buy or some other big electronics store, thats what youre gonna get if you buy a PC (or buy one from tv/internet, ie: dell gateway)

so you see, people arent always TRYING to be the majority all the time. i dont really like microsoft's monopoly over the computer business (for home computers, not servers) but i use them anyway because thats what i have always used.

hope this helps

sorry for bringing religion into the forums. anyone who has a problem with what i said can suck-it, because if you sit down and think about it, you will agree with me.
i also hope that this doesnt start any religion-based crap, as there are other forums for that. i used the religion thing because it is a contraversial thing that everone can probably relate to in some way.

anyways, there you go.

LINUX!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea were doing a VS. between macs and pc's but the general you think of pc's you think of Windows xp the general of a mac is OS 10. HOW ABOUT LINUX!!!!!!! THE PENGUIN IS MORE POWERFULL!!!!!!!!

Yes, this is definatly true, except we sorta got into "better for what most people use them for"... but yes Linux releases are probably the best overall.

I have nothing against being different but when it comes right down to utility, I choose a pc over mac. What matters most to me is that my computer be good, not look wierd.

I like Macs better even though I grew up mainly with PC's

we have the very first model Macintosh, worked for 15 years unfortunately no more, it's really historical, 128 kb memory (used like hard drive but is not actually a hard drive) and I don't think it would operate more than a few MHZ
but using it, my dad made brilliant projects when doing welding courses. he told me that in one of his courses he got 100%, then some other guy got 99%, and some other other guy got 98%
they must have been pissed off

my dad is not very computer literate, but this Mac was really great for when we had it.

then we had something like Windows 2.0 on a Tandy 1000RL
practically all we did was play this game Operation Neptune (I must have been like 7)
I remember trying to install a game in DOS by typing "look in the floppy drive" - hehe, I wasn't very computer literate then
it didn't work after a while, it made clicking noises and wouldn't boot
now that I am a lot more computer literate I think it was just the hard drive.

then we got this PC - the one in my sig - but it had a 12.7 gig "Quantum Fireball" drive which died and got replaced, don't think it was a very good quality drive. and a 4x4x24 CDR/RW (not sure what brand) that died and got replaced
and I've added a 128 and a 64MB stick of SDRAM (mobo didn't support DDR)
and I've upgraded from 98SE to XP
on this PC, I learned like 98% of what I know about computers, but still like Macs better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom