Computer Won't Boot or Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankd14321

Solid State Member
Hello all,

I have this Custom machine here... Asus A7N8X2 motherboard, 2gigs Corsair, Western Digital HD, Athlon xp cpu....

Basically, the computer will not boot from CD or from HD. I tried a new CD drive, as well as a new Hard drive.. it gets past the initial boot but than it says "boot from cd" and just hangs there.. Any Ideas? I also tried resetting bios.

Thanks in advance guys.

-Frank

Try swapping out the IDE or SATA cable for you optical and disk drives. Also go into your BIOS and make sure it recognizes your CD-ROM and Hard Drive. Make sure the cylinder settings and all that jazz is on "Auto".

That's a Negative... Nothing happends.. Just stays at the same screen as always... It start to boot from a cd a few minutes ago for some reason but it stoped and just hung during the windows os search.

i think it is probably the RAM. try one stick on its own, and if it doesnt work, try the other stick on its own.

if it boots, keep adding sticks untill it stops booting, and there is your faulty stick.

Nope... it keeps just haning now after the:

"Verfiying DMI pool Data.................. Update Success
Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM

The ATAPI seems weird to me..

This sucks!

does the HDD have an OS on? if so, then remove all CD drives altogether and see what happens

No it doesn't... It still hangs after the DMI pool data update... please be advised I have tried swaping HDD and CD drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom