LIVE! Messenger showing wrong status - urgent help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
talldude123 said:
Have you tried using another email address on the same computer on Live Messenger?

I just did and everything seemed to be fine, it must be a problem with my acount with hotmail. Im logging an error report with them now, and ill let you all know how it goes.

morrty said:
bleh this problem is really annoying, anyone find a fix yet?

I just received a reply back from Microsoft, and Aparently its a bug with the new build of Messenger Live. They recommended uninstalling and installing MSN 7.5, i did this and it fixed my problem.

Here is the resolution-

Uninstall Windows Live Messenger
1. Click on START and RUN and type in CONTROL APPWIZ.CPL and hit Enter to open the “Add/Remove Programs” window.
2. Scroll down the list of applications installed and select Windows Live Messenger
3. Click on Remove and step through the wizard to uninstall Windows Live Messenger
4. Install MSN Messenger 7.5
 a. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...02-7c1c-4e3a-8d2b-4fcef7485c14&DisplayLang=en
 b. Click on the “Download” button and step through the wizard to install MSN Messenger 7.5

This must be like the first few cases of the problem, because you wont find it anywhere else in any other forums/sites. Though acording to microsft, its a well known issue...strange. Can anybody tell me the difference between MSN 7.5 and The new Live messenger? i havent noticed any significant difference so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom