Why is my LCD monitor/TV fuzzy but computer monitor is not

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattd

Baseband Member
Today i installed my new video card with S-video output and PC monitor output. When i attach the S-video to my LCD monitor the screen is fuzzy, but when I hook up my computer monitor (with the regular monitor jack) everything is fine. Could it be the S-video is not providing a good image, or is it cause the LCD monitor has a 21inch viewing scrren which is too large for my new video card to handle. Also, would it matter if i bought a regular monitor jack to attach the LCD monitor to my computer as opposed to the S-video jack? the video card is a Geforce 5500 with 256mb of ram.

Any chance you bought that video card from Future Shop, on sale for 50 bucks?;)

Try to isolate the problem. Simplest thing would be to see if your S-Video cable is faulty. If the problem isn't with the cable, then you know it's with the TV, or your computer configuration. I'm going to assume it's not the TV.

Check to see that your video card is configured to output to a TV. Since I don't know your OS, read your manual/instructions to see if there are any steps you need to take to configure your output to a TV.

hammer55 said:
Any chance you bought that video card from Future Shop, on sale for 50 bucks?;)

Try to isolate the problem. Simplest thing would be to see if your S-Video cable is faulty. If the problem isn't with the cable, then you know it's with the TV, or your computer configuration. I'm going to assume it's not the TV.

Check to see that your video card is configured to output to a TV. Since I don't know your OS, read your manual/instructions to see if there are any steps you need to take to configure your output to a TV.

lol, yes $50. but thats a huge upgrade considering my old video card was 32mb.

wait... if u video card was 32mb doesnt that mean u were using a agp( assuming its a agp card becuz 32mb sounds really ancient and pcix wasnt invented back than) 2x or 4x and now ur using a fx5500?

i no his new card is an agp 8x but wat about his agp slot? is the slot a 8x? cuz it only sounds like his using a 8x card on a 4x slot.

AGP, PCI, PCI-E 16x, PCI-E 1x, psh, IDE, SATA, USB, FireWire, serial, parallel, PS/2 video cards, none of any of that matters. TV signal is poor quality, end of story. That's all there is too it. All TV ('cept HDTV) signal sucks, it's all blurry low resolution interlaced analog crap. That is why the image sucks. The TV-output is for watching videos, movies, slideshows, not for reading articals and writing papers.

Your hardware is fine. It's the hardware standards that suck here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom