VOTE regular vs Widescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juice Daddy said:
so far I have only seen opinions, it is nice to see some hard facts :D

So what? Widescreen is godly because Human viewing is naturaly widescreen. (Most people anyways)

If you like taller screens then wider ones then thats an opinion.

But let me ask you this, Play one of your beloved FPS on a widescreen and tell me you can't stand it. If you don't like it, then, DON"T get widescreen. :p
The main point here is to try it somehwhere anywhere before you judge on just statistics.

sure, and you go try Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Flash, Fireworks, etc... :p

edit: Bryce 5.5, Vue 5 Infinite, 3d Max, Maya, etc...

You mean so the tool boxes further out of the way? Yes, at first I though this widescreen thing would suck for Photoshop, AutoCAD, The GIMP, Blender, etc, but it's actually a lot nicer. Stuff is more out of the way, just like your HUD in a FPS.

Widescreen is the best, I can't stand looking at boxey square monitors anymore. What makes it even worse is the whole 1280x1024 thing. That's not actually 4:3, so it is taller than it should be.

Human vision is naturally wide, peripheral vision combined with your cheeks and eye brows blocking the up and down aspect makes it actually probably wider than 16:9. FPS games are more immersive because of this.

why isn't there a vote in this thread, I wouldn't mind seeing some tf statistics

also...

do they make wide mousepads?

My mouse pad is 18" x 14" ... why would it need to be wide? Clearly you haven't used a widescreen monitor for an extended period of time. :p

i love my widescreens. i've got a 17" and 19" both at 1440x900.

pretty much all the latest games have widescreen resolution settings.

i game mostly on CSS and DOD and stuff FPS games and i love the widescreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom