*new* wood case worklog

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha...i'd be soo angry at you if i won it.

how long did it take you to make that?

and i'm guessing it'd take less time to make a replica since you've already worked out the kinks of it.

you should really consider making another and selling it...if you have the time or will to make lots of money. haha

yea, i would like to know how much interest there is for it tho...:confused:

anyways, its a pretty simple design, and all just slots togther soo was relitivly quick, maby 20hrs, it just took weeks cos i did tiny bits at a time, if i were to make another one id go for a differnt deisgn..for thos interested here are some of the other designs i came up with,

sleekseries5.jpg

sleekseries4.jpg

sleekseries3.jpg

sleekseries2.jpg

sleekseries1.jpg

2ndideabigfancase.jpg

1stideablackcurve.jpg

yup agreed the bottom 2 are the rist ones i started designing, and thy arent the prettyest, the second one down is my fav

so im planning on building a case in woodshop this year..im debating on what wood to use..i want to stain it a dark red and put red LED fans and RED CC lighting in it..im thinkin the same wood as urs...doesnt ply wood have a tendancy to chip when cutting? and would i have to cap the edges because you can see the layers of ply when u cut ur side panels and such..thanks

ply does chip, but if you use a good quality ply, mines beach venered, its alot stronger, and the whole thing i cut with a router, if you dont have one, just put some masking tape over there your gonna cut and it shouldnt splinter.

for the edges, they will go alot darker as the absourb the stain so much more, this wasnt a problem for me as the top was rebated in to the side so only a tiny amount was visable, i recoment you do the same, or glue down a realllly thin veverr of the same wood tot the edge, but the thing is, if you sand down really nice and do a good job staing it, it will still look pretty good even if you just leave the edges, wats your design?

I have a while to do a lot of consideration because we have to run thru all the saftey stuff first in woodshop so i wont get around to it till prolly december :'(..but in the meantime im desigining a computer to go in that bad boy..im gettin a micro atx mobo so i might make a little square box case..im not sure as of now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom