[B]Windows not Installing[/B]

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogesh1990

Beta member
HeyPPL,
I have formatted my System drive. [E:] from NTFS to Fat32

Now when I insert my windows 98 bootable CD all goes fine & the setup starts installing Windows & suddenly electric supply goes off& computer is with no electric supply.

Again,when I insert my WinXP bootable CD everything goes fine but when its shows `SETUP IS STARTING WINDOWS `the computer hangs

Again,When I insert win2K bootable CD all goes fine until the above process & then i get BSOD with Error dat ÃŒRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL`.

Please help me....
My Configuration
Motherboard- Gigabyte 8LD533
Processer - Intel 2.8 Ghz
RAM - 256 Mb
Hardisk - Seagate Partioned into [C:]NTFS [E:]FAT32

CAUSE
This behavior can occur if there is incompatible hardware or an incompatible device driver on your computer.

So i would have to say that there is some kinda hardware conflict that is prevent the install from going further. My first suggestion is to remove all USB devices. Except mouse and keyboard. Try to isntall and see if that works.
If not then you will have to take out all unneccessary hardware. Sound card, modem and such. Leaving only the CPU, RAM, HDD, and Video Card. Then install. With the bare mininum components installed it should work.
If that still doesnt work then i would say that you might have a overheating issue with either the CPR, RAM or Video Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom