Booting new pc.. lil help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jash

Solid State Member
Hey, im new here and need a little advice if you can.
I have just built my new pc.
These are the specs:

P4 3.2ghz lga 775
asus p5dn2(sp?) mobo
1 gig of ram
250 gig samsung HDD
sony dvdrw
xfx 7600 GT gfx

Ive set this all up but for some reason i cannot boot at all.
Thease are the options ive tried:

Windows 95 boot floppy disk(This gives me a message about microsoft mouse dirver installed and does not help at all.
Windows xp home (copy).. For some reason i cnt boot from a copy.. is this usual or can you boot from copies?
Windows xp pro (copy) The same as above.

I jst want to know that if i purchase an OEM of windows xp (real) will i be able to boot this new pc that ive built.. also what are my other options..

advice appreciated,
thanks
jamie.

Bootlegged copies of XP don't boot, i've found that through personal experience.

Real copies of Windows XP OEM will boot, but they can only be activated 3 times maximum.

talldude123 said:
Bootlegged copies of XP don't boot, i've found that through personal experience.

Real copies of Windows XP OEM will boot, but they can only be activated 3 times maximum.

that not true. they won't boot if they are not copied correctly.
go to your bios and set it to boot from cd first

Ok thanks for the help.
Can anyone tell me how to copy my disc correctly then?.. which software to use and what to do exactly.
And yes it is set to boot from cd first.
I do own the version that i have a copy of but when i first installed it i copied it and now ive lost the real version so really need to know how to boot from this copy.
Thanks
Jamie

jash said:
Ok thanks for the help.
Can anyone tell me how to copy my disc correctly then?.. which software to use and what to do exactly.
And yes it is set to boot from cd first.
I do own the version that i have a copy of but when i first installed it i copied it and now ive lost the real version so really need to know how to boot from this copy.
Thanks
Jamie

if it won't boot now, use nlite to copy the contents of the cd to the hard drive and then then rip it as a bootable iso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom