Computer starting but not visible on monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve_uf

Solid State Member
I have recently bought a new motherboard (ASrock $^%&") and a new AthlonXP3200+ After plugging everything in correctly it seems to be turning on but no visible display on the screen

It doesn't to me sound like it's booting up, and since im no pro with the interior of a pc im kind of stuck with whats going wrong.

thx 4 ne help

Good question {Killa}, One thing it could be is the memory may not be seated all the way. Take out all the memory and install one using 20 to 30lbs of pressure, it won't take that much to install it but you get the idea. Make sure the clips snap up on their own and try to boot. Need a little more info though to make an accurate diagnosis. Do the fans spin when power is applyed?

well he could also have all the cables and stuff in wrong place the parralel cable jammed in to video card slot and stuff like that i doubt someone would do that but its an idea

Yes the cables are all in the correct slots, i examined another computer of mine, and placed the sockets according to that. I then had a technichan take a look at it, he then went on to saying that the mother board was fried. So ive then had it replaced all the cables in the same place, and well here i have my problem.

Oh the memory is in correctly thx neway.

so it isn't booting up at all check wether your power supply is on or wether you dont have anough power form the power supply to power it all there a few that i think could be wrong

no beep codes? no dos looking screen? so no bios. Well, easiest thing is to try and reseat the vid card. when putting back in make sure its in GOOD. no contact should show. if nothing, then I would remove everything but the HDD and vid card (and of course the mem and processor). bare bones, esentially. no sound card, cdrom, nothing. Then try and boot. If it boots put everything back in one at a time with the cdrom being the last. If it works after all being put back in, may of been a conflict or a device not seated right. if it stops after putting a certain device in we've found the culprit and can go from there.

na he checked his ram there fine i still think it is power supply use a power supply calculater to find out wether that is your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom