Need help on a build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, im planning on buildin a pair of systems for me, and my dad. We dont do like insane gaming, but I still want the pc to be capable of simple games like halo, and similar games(also want them to be able to run vista, and halo2Â…)
Case
MOBO/CPU
Ram
Harddrive
anything you guys think could be better?(like better/less expensive) I got a real limited bujet, I got everything else(need another monitor tho) and the total is around 300, which spares about 10 per pc. Everything here seem good enough for internet browsing, light gaming, and music? o yea, whats the oc'in ability on that cpu(athlon XP Mobile 2800? also with that mobo(pc chips a31g) whats the best cpu it can accept, incase i want to upgrade in the future.

Hmm, in this small casing, you can only install mobile CPU's for better cooling, and PC Chips (though do not recommend) is supporting 754 which has limited number of 32/64 bit processors. so you cannot expect a real future proof system with that socket. check out AMD's website for the CPU's with 754-pins and you'll know your limits.

bujet is actually spelled budget not to nitpick...and not to go off subject. you might need a video card to do gaming cuz i dont think most onboard video cards are worth a crap

i already got one...thats y i need pci x, got a xfx geforce 7300gt, and a mx4000 thats oc'ed to about the same as the 7300 if not more. yea i know onboard sucks ***, i would rather get a mobo without onboard video

i would get a full atx mobo, but i like to have a good lookin system, dont wanna waste my money on a case, and have a system that cant browse the net, but then again i dont want a system that can blow away oblivion that looks like ****. i lan game, so i need a small light case, plus im still in school, so i barley make 70bux a week, so im a lil tight on a buget, all i got saved is like 250, rest of my money goes for gas or lunch. now back on subject.

a system i was leanin for, but cost got me away, was the one in the right of my sig, i would get it, but the prob is that the ddr2 memory is so **** expensive. a 939 would be good also, but its the processor cost that drags me down, cause i need ram, psu, mobo and cpu, and its gotta be under 200, so im thinkin about a cpu/mobo set cause its cheaper, leanin for the 754, thats still got some life left on it, best cpu for it i can find is ]this and have it still in my price range, but if i had the dough(for a 754 balls to the wall cpu) i would get this. but i gotta do somethin because this p2 333mhz compaq is so slow it cant even handle the internet

hey

hey that computer sucks!!! buy my pc its preety decent and better then the one u wanna buy here is a picture of it

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 27
i seen one of those towers before. theyre freaking huge. but i was talkin about it wit my pops and im gonna wait about 4 months and see if i can get a few hundred from the gparents, and go all out with an am2 x2 4400+, 2gb ram, 7950 KO(sli of course) 4 250gb hdd's(i wanna have a tetra) and run 2 19" monitors on it. i beleive that will come somewhere around 700, but if i dont go sli, then maybe just get another 7300GT and sli that

wtf

U said it will come out around $700???
The 7950 alone cost 550$ how the **** u gonna get all that for 700 hook me up bro!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom