Need help once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolf2006

Baseband Member
Hey its me again I can't find my old topic so here it goes.

I got a computer COMPAQ Presario

AMD sempron 3100
RAEDEON ATI xpress GFX
1gig ram
120HD

Its a good computer I was on google just messing around and I went to the xpress site (GFX card site) it says that my PC should have 1 PCIE x16 slot How do I check if it does or not?

The two easiest way's I can think of are:

1) This is the easiest. Google Everest Home Edition. Go down to the third link (Major Geeks), click one of the download locations and download that. Launch the program after installing and go to the pic labeled motherboard. On the next list click motherboard again. Scroll down to Motherboard physical info and look in expansion slots. It will tell you there.

2) Open the PC up. Where the PCI slots are in the bottom left corner, provided you have PCI-E, there will be one slot that looks slightly longer than the rest and it will have a little tabby looking thing at the end. If you look on a PCI-E card there's a little L shaped peice at the bottom right of the card, that's where that goes. Hope this helps.

Also, I believe your mobo does have PCI-E but you may wanna check just to be safe.

Here's a pic to help. I think this is your mobo.

lonewolf, ur computer has 1 pci-e, 2 pci, and 1 agp. ur radeon express is intergrated. i have a compaq presario my self but i went for a better procesor and 160gb and 1gig ram and ditched the higher end intergrated graphics.

Ouch. I didn't go for the higher processor since Ram Makes your computer runs faster anyways if I have 4 slots might as well get 4 Gigs of ram lol

yea. thats true. but i figured 1gig would be enough and i was wrong. also windows xp will not use all those 4gig of ram. windows xp only accepts 3gig i believe, anymore and ull get problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom