Dx10

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
well like you have seen I am going to build a new computer when DX10 and vista comes out.

But I have been researching some on DX10 and cards that support DX10 and 4.0 shaders. Well they talk like a lot of games wont utilize dx10 for quite a while after it is out. I am just wondering if it is worth the x tra money to get like a g80, or r600 and a copy of Vista. Or just get like a x1900xtx and stick with xp pro instead.

I just want to hear what evrybody who knows more about it has to say.

i wouldnt go dx10 for a long time because there probably wont be any games to utalize it for about a year and plus it will be extremley expensive when it comes out. as far as vista goes personally i feel no reason to upgrade to it for a while atleast not until it drops in price.

Main reason I went ahead and built a new box now. DX10 will not be incorporated for another year nor do I want Vista for at least 6 months til after release or a year for that matter.

DX10 might not but the cards....thats a different story. Have you searched/found any articles on R600 lately. I did a yahoo search and found articles showin R600's specs and was i amazed and drooling. 800Mhz core clock (some say 1Ghz but idk), 64 real pixelpiplines, 2.0Ghz memory clock. Google R600 or yahoo it.

Try and get a rough estimate of the next time you would be building a computer.

If you don't plan on upgrading for a couple years, it may be worth it to get the G80/R600 and Vista (or keep XP for a bit, till you want to use DX10, like for Crysis.)

If you plan on upgrading next summer or something, DX9 and XP would do fine. The only DX10 game that looks worth it is Crysis. However, I would assume you could play in DX9 mode. Won't have all the extra stuff, but you would when you upgrade.

I am going to build a new rig after christmas, maybe early january.

Ya I read that the r600 has the 64 pixel piplines, but the G80 has 32 and they render different. Can someone explain better from what I am talking about? I read about it in a article in the inquirer.

If I built a new rig and stuck with xp pro. BUT I purchased a r600 or G80 (whichever performs better) would I still have a better performance then just getting something like a 1900xtx?

The new generation will be faster even in DX9 games. I've never heard of a new gen comming that didn't blow away the previous one. Of course, Vista users will have advantages, but this upgrade will really be for everyone, especially if UT2007 or Crysis is on your wish list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom