Pwr on, (pause)..pwr on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrillian

In Runtime
My rig is pausing when I power it on or when I restart it. It is OC'd, and only at my latest plateu (E6400 7x400; 1.4V / RAM @ 401; 2.15V)

Is my PSU going? It's an Antec SP500W that isless than 4 months old. It also has to power the vid crd in my sig.

Should I worry...?

-Worried, in California

It's normal at stock BIOS settings. It seems to reach a threshold and then starts doing that thing...

New PSU?

i dunno... i can't possibly see it being the psu, i ran on a crappy coolmax 450watt 19 amp for like 3 months and nothing wrong happened....

NosBoost300 said:
i dunno... i can't possibly see it being the psu, i ran on a crappy coolmax 450watt 19 amp for like 3 months and nothing wrong happened....

WTF there isnt anything wrong with coolmax PSU, they are actually really dependable. Right up there with Antec's.

lancec2c30 said:
WTF there isnt anything wrong with coolmax PSU, they are actually really dependable. Right up there with Antec's.

well.. when your powering a 7900gt and a opteron 146 at 2.8 ghz... i would assume something would go wrong... 19 amps for a 7900 gt... is a no no

Be careful, my K8V used to start then stop the HDDs then restart then as they used to spin up. this may not be the problem, just under ACPI settings just turn off HDD shutdown. Probably not the problem.

Ruan

RGELLIS said:
Be careful, my K8V used to start then stop the HDDs then restart then as they used to spin up. this may not be the problem, just under ACPI settings just turn off HDD shutdown. Probably not the problem.

Ruan

Thanks for the tip! Is the ACPI setting in the BIOS? What is the full wording for the acronym "ACPI".

As an after thought: This issue is on initially powering up the PC, but prior to the POST. Also, when I push the restart button it does not have the "pause" symptom, only on a full power-down.

Any more ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom