are sapphire video cards any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know, is there a big difference in the performance of the 256mg and the 128mg models?

256 milligram? (its MB by the way)

dont bother with 256MB unless its on a 9800XT. Pointless.

128MB is fine.

how important is the memory interface to the performace of the card? the 9800pro is a 256 bit interface and the 9600xt is a 128 bit interface, how does that affect direct in game performance? also the 9600xt has the 500spd core to the 9800pro with a 380. I guess the question is, what is more important, the core speed or the fill rate and memory interface? I am guessing the fill rate and memory interface will have a more direct affect on performance than the core speed.

scoe4 said:
how important is the memory interface to the performace of the card? the 9800pro is a 256 bit interface and the 9600xt is a 128 bit interface, how does that affect direct in game performance? also the 9600xt has the 500spd core to the 9800pro with a 380. I guess the question is, what is more important, the core speed or the fill rate and memory interface? I am guessing the fill rate and memory interface will have a more direct affect on performance than the core speed.

I THINK, the bit interface is the amount of bandwidth the card can handle at one time....

The core speed is higher on the 9600XT to make for other areas where it lakes, like probably the pipelines and bit interface...

Both are great cards, but right now the 9800 Pro has the best price/performance ratio

:confused:

I dont know about that company. However when it comes to VisionTek, I know the diff between the 256mb and 128mb cards. The 128mb card uses DDR, the 256mb card uses DDR II.

Of course the 256mb card ran much hotter than the 128...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom