XP Pro x64 or Linyx for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordo_99

Daemon Poster
i know that all of you guys are Linyx fans here. I'm also gonna post the same thing in the XP section so that i can hear from both sides equally so please only post in one of the sections and not both. thanks

here's my deal. i bought all my new parts and will be building this weekend. i can get XP Pro x64 for $90 (very nice price) or i was thinking of using linyx for free.

i will be Overclocking and don't know much of anything about linyx yet. i just installed ubuntu on my laptop but i'm not all that impressed yet.

will i run into problems with overclocking, gaming, codecs, music...etc. i listen to lots of music, watch lots of movies (with divx and other codecs) and play a lot of games too. that's what i'll be using this PC for.

i'm also considering just leaving linyx on my laptop and using the XP Home that's on it now. I can also post specs if need be. (the computer in my sig is now a friend's.)

all comments and advice is welcome. thanks

yeah. i've cosidered the dual boot...but i won't be able to access the same files between OS's will I? I'll have plent of space with 250GB but I'd rather not have to get on a certain OS to listen to music or have to use up twice as much space on the HD.

also...what's so great about dual boots? if i'm going to use XP then what's the point of having linux or vice versa? i'm not criticizing dual boot...just curious about why i'd want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom