First pc build specs, updated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am geting vista. I don't think it is garbage. I think it is going to be much better than xp but not right away.

What would be the best heatsink/fan for this cpu. It can't be too big under 140mm tall. I want the best though. I have also be thinking of getting a different case becuase of my airflow. The case that have been looking at has two huge fans so it will have very good airflow. I won't get the cae anytime soon but just wanted give you a heads up.

Well, I assume people know this they just don't want to look for a thread that is old so I am refreshing it.

Thats going to be a pretty sweet gaming rig, but I must suggest that you get a PSU with active PFC. As far as a suggestion on a PSU, go for the Seasonic S12 500watt or 600watt. Also if you're going to get some 120mm case fans, don't get the Scythe SFF21E model 120mm fan, these fans suck, they're only spinning at about 660rpm and they pulsate, creating a clicking sound. I bought two of them to replace two Mad Dog 120mm fans and both the scythes make the clicking sounds, which the Mad Dogs didn't. Also the Maddogs spun at 1140rpm. Just giving you a heads up, you can get the fans at Circuit city, where I got the Mad Dogs.

Drizo said:
Thats going to be a pretty sweet gaming rig, but I must suggest that you get a PSU with active PFC. As far as a suggestion on a PSU, go for the Seasonic S12 500watt or 600watt. Also if you're going to get some 120mm case fans, don't get the Scythe SFF21E model 120mm fan, these fans suck, they're only spinning at about 660rpm and they pulsate, creating a clicking sound. I bought two of them to replace two Mad Dog 120mm fans and both the scythes make the clicking sounds, which the Mad Dogs didn't. Also the Maddogs spun at 1140rpm. Just giving you a heads up, you can get the fans at Circuit city, where I got the Mad Dogs.

Well, My case only support 90mm and I can't find any that light up. I have to have ones that ligh the **** out of my case. At least one of the two. Also the psu is a little expensive. I need one about the price I have for one right now. I really keed to know what heatsink would profit me best on my cpu overclocking.

You don't have to get a fan that has LED's, you could use these instead, http://www.microcenter.com/search_r...pdown_keyword=cathode&submit2.x=0&submit2.y=0

If you live near Chicagoland, you could visit the Microcenter there and pick these up, I was thinking about getting one, but the pc is going to be right next to me on the desk, and I don't need it blinding me next to the monitor.

Or you could get em from them online, and it'll be taxfree since you're outside of the states where they have stores located in.

What about a heatsink/fan. I need something good. IT can be a little big but not to tall. The max height would be 140. It can go a little higher but not much. I need some cleance. I knew I shouldn't of goten that case but o'well. I will just buy one later after this build. If it becomes two tall that will be ok because I will just keep the side off and put my floor fan righ next to it.

Get either the Scythe Katana (ask atomic tofu about it), or the Katana CU (its just copper).

If you're going to OC, then get a Thermaltake Big Typhoon since it'll be pretty simply to mount, or the Tuniq Tower if its available. I have a Scythe Infinity, but I can't really recommend it since its a pita to install, and then hooking up the fan to the heatsink is more of a pita. Its a good looking heatsink, and its doing its job well, I've seen 35C idle temps, and 45C temps with about 60% load on both cores, in the case, and ambient temperature is around 75-80. It fluctuates in this rooms since theres no return air for the A/C anywhere near this side of the house, and since theres soo many electronics in this room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom