Keyboard and Mouse Problem HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockymarciano

Beta member
I have xp media center. My stuff was running fine until i reset....now when i turn on my pc, the mouse and keyboard work fine up until windows starts to load. so i can get to the setup screen but when it tries to load windows they both turn off and i cant even sign on....what the problem....and does anyone know how to fix this? they are both usb thnx!

hhmm, their drivers on port might have got corrupted, try switching the wires as they are usb anyway.

also, try starting pc without them, and once the window loads, plug them in again.

windows might also have the usb ports disabled...try looking in device manager to see if they are... you never know

i am unable to sign on windows.....when i run diag before windows loads it says something about current something......

Go to your closet, or a local used computer shop, and pickup a PS2-style keybord and mouse. Try troubleshooting for viruses/spyware using those PS2 components, and check back.

Most places will charge $8 for both keyboard and mouse, because they're outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom