Need some help building a system

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenlingstyle

In Runtime
Hi everyone,

Been a very long time since I built a system, so please give me a hand on this.

I've selected parts after some research, but I'm really not too sure on any of them. Take a look:

Motherboard: ASUS P5W-DH Deluxe

CPU: Core 2 Duo E6300 1.83 GHz

Memory: Corsair TWINX Dual Channel 2048MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHz

Cooling: Thermaltake Big Typhoon 6

PSU: OCZ ModStream 450W

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 160GB NCQ

Case: Antec P180 Black

I would like to overclock as much as I can. If anyone could tell me if the parts are good for doing that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Didn't list any prices because I'm in Canada and I can really only buy from a few stores around, so not much flexibility in pricing.

Thanks for any help,

Shenling

Looks like a great build to me.

The big typhoon is great but very, very loud...might want to look into the Zalman CNPS9500...also if you can afford it I would advise getting the e6600.

double the cache and a higher multiplier.

hey man. im canadian and making a similar build. does that mobo support ati or nvidia. futureshop has 7900gt's for 269$.

Get a x1900xt if you can. It will be the only thing you and anybody will need until direct x 10 cards. You can steel one for $300 american. I would also get the e6600 if you have the dough. Good going for the corhair 677 ram because intel doesn't utilize the 800 as much as the 677. You will save some money. Try to get a zalmne they are the best but they will hert your walet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom