Asus Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus_mp

Solid State Member
Can anyone tell me what an average operating temperature for any or more specifically the Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard temperature would be? Asus Probe is saying that the motherboard temperature is 42 degrees celsius and it's only been an hour since I've first turned it on. Is this normal or is there something majorly wrong? Or is it just a fault in the windows based program?

its normal, as the Northbridges that doesnt comes with fans, usually have high temps but they tend to be stable even over prolonged period of time and load on the system.

most you can do is get yourself a well ventilated casing (air in = air out) this sloves the problem for most of the Northbridges without fans. and reaching 42c is matter of 5 minutes, and you are getting worried after 1 hour?

thats definatly normal temp range,
especially after an hopur of use, its not gonan get hotter unless ur cpu is full load, like playing a game or loading a big file(really big)
but i was wondering myself if i removed the stock mobo Heatsinks and heat pipes if i used artic silver would it help?

i heard all stock mobo heatsinks have TIM that acts like crazy glue so they never come off, and the south bridge is a plastic material so i dont think u can apply artic silver to that, but all i see is little plastic screws and springs so the heatsinks are just held on my the springs pressure, im not really sure but dont wanna try

^^ well the thermal interface material probaly sucks under mobo's(production costs)

i was just wonder since it helps so much with cpu's.....

i wasnt saying add new heatsinks(was that what u were saying?), well u can water cool them but thats just overkill, i just wanted to know if arctic silver helped under mobo's

When I reinstalled my processor, I used ArctiClean which is a two substance process. One bottle has a white cap that is a thermal material remover and the other is a thermal surface purifier. Cleaning and reinstalling the processor could have not been easier.

the thinner the layer of the thermal interface, optimum will be your cooling, just keep in mind in that way, that the thermal pads/pastes are use to fill the micro gaps on the surface of the CPU and Heatsink to avoid air getting trapped inside these gaps. as Air is bad conductor of heat, therefore no need to apply thick layer on the surfaces thinking more the thermal paste, more will be heat dissapation. a half size grain of boiled rice's amount of paste will be sufficent to cover the P-4 DIE.

My P5B always runs in the mid 30 degree celsius range.

My CPU always runs mysteriously hot though, even with a zalman aftermarket cooler.

A thinner layer of thermal paste is recommended. It will lower the contact resistance between the mating surfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom