Printer Spooling Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

polakbob

Baseband Member
I'm working in a computer lab that doesn't have a tech-guy to keep things running. We have 12 computers on our network, all connected to a central printer. 6 of the 12 can't connect any more (though they did in the past...), sending a message saying that the spool service isn't active. What does this mean, and what can I do?

go to the computer that is acting as the print server(the computer that the printer is connected to) and go to services and stop and start the print spooler service. you can do this by right clicking on my computer going to manage and go clicking on services and then servcies again.

...You'll want to set the Print Spooler service to Automatic and ensure that the service startup type is set to Started, on all computers connected to the network, which use the network printer.

I did as you suggested a couple of times but to no avail. Any other suggestions? Perhaps restarting the computers after doing this or something?

Hello,

After enabling, or re-enabling the Print Spooler service on every PC, remove and add the Network printer again. Also make sure that the computers in question have network connectivity.

gonna reiterate what was said above, make sure you path out to the print server from the troubled systems. Are you installing the print driver via pathing to the print server and adding a printer there? I know on my system at work I have an easier time doing that, especially due to the name schema being incredibly long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom