Norton Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSInc25

Banned
Can anyone teach me how to use Norton Ghost or send me somewhere that will teach me.
That is about the only darn thing i have not mastered in this computer world

Thanks in advance

Which version are you using? Do you have the manual? I can walk you through all you will need to know, but reading the manual a little might help to expedite the process a little faster as this would be a post after post after post process.

-Mike

goto symantec.com for the manual. the basic usage is create a partition to image & restoring partitions from an image. you can also automate tasks by using the commandline switches

btw, if you could master everything except ghost....you should have been able to find instructions without asking.......

since the topic is here i want to ask this question, when i tried to back up to a partition or even a different drive(slave), it tells me it won't do it because there is no boot record. so how do i put a boot record on my second rive withut installing any OS?

You get that message when using Ghost? That is weird, ghost doesn't give a damn what you have on your hard drive (well, the older versions use to give allot of trouble with NTFS partitions because of their fragmented nature but if you used the -NTIL switch, it was basically bypassed).

Do you have the error number on that message? What version of ghost are you using? and how are you trying to ghost (Network, Master/Slave etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom