Please identify Unknown folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just stick it in your recycle bin for now & see what Happens. It's probably just an old update file that you can actually delete.

Periodically My PC is Shite... Which is a different problem i've posted on another forum(but i've had no reply as of yet)...
No, the folder is just an inconvenience - especially as i've recently formatted and done a nice CLEAN INSTALL.
I'll Post My Major Problem Next - Although, at the moment, it's not playing-up!
Life's like that!

This is the Problem i posted on another forum :-
The problem has occurred on previous occasions, although after pressing my videoCard + Memory into the slots, it hasn't happened since!

After taking three years getting my PC running smoothly - everything's gone tit's-up...
My display cuts out, and my PC restarts... sometimes the monitor switches off, and i can't turn it on again, although this time, it just went blank - and then re-booted the system
I enclose the location of the error report - Although i don't know how to access it - could you tell me how?... It doesn't help that you can't copy and paste the error signature or Location, does it! - so i had to write the location down... I need someone to help me identify the problem...
Many thanks. Blo.

Error Report Files are :-

C:\WINDOWS\minidump\mini042104-01.dmp
+
C:\DOCUME~1\DAVEST~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2.tmp.dir00\systemdata.xml

My system specs are:
XP Proffessional/Office XP Proffessional
K7S5A M/board - Official 030811.rom Flash Bios
Maxtor 40 GB - 7,200 spin H/drive - (Primary/Master)
512 MB / SD Ram / 133mhz
Asus CD/RW Drive - (secondary/Master)
16 X DVD Rom - (Secondary/Slave)
Neto Dragon 56kb Modem
Nividia Riva TNT2 M64 / 32 MB AGP Graphics Card

Go into System Properties>Advanced>Startup & Recovery & Uncheck the "Automatically Restart" Box. This will give ya a BSOD & at least an error message. Could be Ram, Heat who knows.

I've unchecked the Automatically restart box, but if things are overheating... (which i've checked-out many times-and things are always normal temp) - when it restarts is a perfect opportunity to go into setup and check temp-(i don't use m/b monitor 5 etc.)
... Anyway, i could do with sending this error report to be analized.
Cheers Blo.

If ya think it's a heat issue try removing all the sides and pointing a fan at it to see if it stops resetting but ya should get a monitoring software in regards to your temps & fan speed. If ya got the monitor why don't ya use it?:confused:

I definately know it isn't an overheating problem, and i don't use mobo mon 5 because it's just extra services/clutter etc, that i can do without...
No, it hasn't happened for about ten days now... I've had a similar problem before, but the error's used to occur so quickly, that no error log was created...
When i used the onboard-sound - the CD audio plug was interfering with the seating of the video-card, and it actually used to come loose, and create the 8-3-8 beep Error codes at boot-up... Then i'd press the card with my thumb, and up she booted again.
In the end, i shaved a little plastic from the CD audio cable for extra clearance...
However, i got a 5.1 C-Media PCI card now, so the onboard's disabled, and the cable is no longer plugged into there anymore!

I've got the location of error logs/error reports as stated in my first post...
C:\WINDOWS\minidump\mini042104-01.dmp
+
C:\DOCUME~1\DAVEST~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2.tmp.dir00\systemdata.xml

BSOD... wots BSOD - (EXCUSE MY IGNORANCE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom