problems with ms office apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

gencc3

Solid State Member
For whatever reason, my Word, Excel, and Powerpoint icons show the default exe picture (The white box with the bit of blue at the top). This in turn has caused any files that use those programs to display the default file picture. How can I reset these so that the files display the correct icon?

and as another note, it tells me these programs require repairs but when i try to repair them, it doesn't work.

Did anything happen to the office applications, like is the office folder still in the program files folder or what?

It's better off you just reinstall...

wordhelp.jpg

The left are examples of word files as they appear in a folder (the black box is just covering the file names :p). The right is how the shortcuts appear on the start menu.

Everything runs fine, everything works. Its just annoying to not have the little word icon to tell me right off the bat what kind of file it is.

Just right-click on the Office apps, and select "change icon", for each one.

And then for the documents, right-click on ONE of them, click Open With, and choose the appropriate program. After that, chooose "Always use this program to open this file". Then click OK.

Well, thats the problem. It won't let me change the icon for any of them. And when i try to set the default program, it asks me to repair which hasn't worked so far. its looking kinda bleak lol. i'll reinstall if i have to. i just would rather not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom