Fix my build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do burn alot CD's actually. I just wanted an extra drive because I know it couldn't hurt and it doesn't cost more than $15.

How would I figure out if my system can post or not? I guess I should choose a different RAM to bypass this hassle?

well if you find out that it does post on that mobo as-is, its very well priced ram w/ great specs.. so umm.. just find out first.

similar gskill or corsair ram will cost you a lot more

vaderpro said:
Whoa...whoa....dont get a 939 system....you have a nice budget there and should be getting an Intel Core2Duo setup...look at this benchmark:

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2802&p=4

Those benchmarks are inaccurate. AMD processors run FAR cooler than any intel, even OC. Also, AMD Ghz. and Intel Ghz. are not the same exact thing, since AMD CPUs run more processes per clock than Intels do. This means a 3.0 Ghz. Intel is roughly equivilent to a 2.4 - 2.6 Ghz AMD, depending on the chip. That's why top of the line AMDs are only 2.8 - 3.0 Ghz. ,whereas top of the line Intels are 3.2 - 3.4 Ghz. In addition, not all games support dual core yet, and when you do play a game, you only utalize one of the CPUs cores. so a 2.2 Ghz Dual core will run at a straight 2.2 Ghz. Not really a signifigant gain unless you run several programs at a time. (and i know i don't) Plus, there are still plenty of good single core chips out there.

Like this for example : AMD 64 FX 2.8 Ghz stock

Why OC a 2.2 Ghz to 2.8 when you can OC a 2.8 Ghz to upwards of 3 without breaking a sweat. Still a bit pricy though.

Anyway, just make sure you mobos sockets and ram slots match up. Also, I HIGHLY recommend you get the same PC ram as you mobo suggests. Corsair is almost always a safe bet for any mobo. Also, DO NOT BUY THIS MOTHERBOARD. The northbridge fan is very noisy, and it goes out after a couple of months in about 90% of the people who bought it. This is a big problem. Remember when reading newegg reviews to look at how long the person has owned the product.

Thats all for now, and good luck with that build....

Ugh, guess I'm going to have to rethink my build again. Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Reaver said:
Those benchmarks are inaccurate. AMD processors run FAR cooler than any intel, even OC. Also, AMD Ghz. and Intel Ghz. are not the same exact thing, since AMD CPUs run more processes per clock than Intels do. This means a 3.0 Ghz. Intel is roughly equivilent to a 2.4 - 2.6 Ghz AMD, depending on the chip. That's why top of the line AMDs are only 2.8 - 3.0 Ghz. ,whereas top of the line Intels are 3.2 - 3.4 Ghz. In addition, not all games support dual core yet, and when you do play a game, you only utalize one of the CPUs cores. so a 2.2 Ghz Dual core will run at a straight 2.2 Ghz. Not really a signifigant gain unless you run several programs at a time. (and i know i don't) Plus, there are still plenty of good single core chips out there.

Like this for example : AMD 64 FX 2.8 Ghz stock

Why OC a 2.2 Ghz to 2.8 when you can OC a 2.8 Ghz to upwards of 3 without breaking a sweat. Still a bit pricy though.

Anyway, just make sure you mobos sockets and ram slots match up. Also, I HIGHLY recommend you get the same PC ram as you mobo suggests. Corsair is almost always a safe bet for any mobo. Also, DO NOT BUY THIS MOTHERBOARD. The northbridge fan is very noisy, and it goes out after a couple of months in about 90% of the people who bought it. This is a big problem. Remember when reading newegg reviews to look at how long the person has owned the product.

Thats all for now, and good luck with that build....

ya umm...how big of a rock have you been living under? :p

core 2 duo are better than any AMD out right now, including the FX-62. your info is, unfortunately, a few months old.

I was merely offering my input on the subject. I happen to prefer AMD to Intel, but thats personal preference, which is why I was suggesting the points that I did. The ultimate choice is going to be the buyer's, so all I can do is offer my opinion on whats good v what isn't (not that I'm saying Intel chips aren't good). So with that being said, I leave the decision up to Megaz as to what he is going to buy.

What would be the difference of getting a Saphirre x1900xt versus an ATI one? Someone said the Saphirre was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom